Socioeconomic Inclusion and Development
We believe one of the key drivers to solving extreme poverty is through inclusive economic growth. By leveraging business operations and innovation and applying the lens to development problems we are looking to create a new ways to create inclusive, sustainable change that have a lasting social and economic impact. Inclusive businesses aim to generate sustainable and decent income generating opportunities for groups with low or no job market mobility.
El Mahrousa PDS Provides Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) with business development solutions through:
- Create, design, pilot and manage innovative ideas for the growth of small and medium enterprises
- Providing Business Development Services
- Technology Transfer (Tech-hub)
- Branding, and marketing
- Experts networking
We will engage a company’s leadership to design a clear, comprehensive, multi-year Business Development strategy. Our staff will facilitate business development strategic workshops at which Corporate and Departmental Vision, Mission, Goals and Growth Strategies discussed, reviewed and finalized. In these sessions, we will help clients identify its markets, analyze its competition, and develop its ‘go to market’ differentiators.
Our employability enhancement series is designed in collaboration with our in-house career consultants and employers.
Employability Enhancement Program (EEP) is oriented towards development of skills, necessary for success in the workplace, enhancing Employment amongst fresh graduates, imparting world class business skills for sustained performance career SUCCESS to meet the ever-growing industry demand for suitable talent at the entry level.
El Mahrousa PDS works to empower youth and women through:
- Pilot, develop and scaling-up solutions for increasing youth and women employability
- Career development
- Behavioral change campaigns for recognition of blue caller work.
- Individualized support.
- Customized workshops for groups of at-risk youth.
- Presentations to partner agencies, services providers and community groups.
- Support during pre-employability, early employment and re-employment stages.
The Employability Program consisted of a number of training initiatives aimed to assist jobseekers, the inactive, and the employed who are interested in upgrading their knowledge.
The Employability Program incorporates a collection of initiatives that are being proposed by the corporation to satisfy the needs of different client groups to further develop their skills and competencies tied to employability. It will aim to satisfy the following needs:
- for persons with little or no skills or qualifications – the provision of basic, remedial skills and vocational training in a particular occupation will help individuals to take on further learning opportunities and hence become employable;
- For those in employment interested in upgrading their skills will be assisted through the skills upgrading and retraining programs. These programs will be organized in vocational areas for which there is a labour market need.
- The Jobseekers – through this program, training sessions on job seeking skills (letter, CV writing, and interviewing skills) and soft skills will be delivered on a regular basis. The aim of these sessions will be to empower and activate job seekers and as a result be in a position to seek sustainable employment. In addition, to these sessions workshops will be organized to help those needing additional assistance and with whom we would need to adopt a more personalized approach;
We ensure the achievement of Decent Work & International labor standards by advocating for a business environment that guarantee decent work for all and improving labor conditions and skills of the workforce to match the international labor standards.
The strategic objective of Decent Work Program
The fundamental goal of our program is the achievement of “decent and productive work for both women and men. The concept of decent work “is based on the understanding that work is not only a source of income but more importantly a source of personal dignity, family stability, peace in community, and economic growth that expands opportunities for productive jobs and employment.
Our interventions to achieve Decent Work Standards
- To promote the standards and rights at workplace
- To ensure that workers’ constitutionally protected rights to equality and fair labor practices and are safeguarded by appropriate legal frameworks.
- To promote employment creation and income opportunities.
- To promote social dialogue. Effective social dialogue between government, employers and trade unions is required to secure the equitable participation of all employees (formal and informal) in decent and productive work.
- To provide and improve social protection and social security, which is regarded as fundamental to the alleviation of poverty, inequality and the burden of care responsibilities;
We will focus on the Analysis of five statistical indicators,
(i) employment opportunities;
(ii) adequate earnings and productive work;
(iii) stability and security of work;
(iv) social protection; and
(v) social dialogue and workplace relations; to measure progress made towards the attainment of decent work objectives in Egypt. In so doing the obstacles to the attainment of decent work and the measures required to overcome such obstacles are identified.
Migration is increasingly recognized as a significant factor for the achievement of all three pillars of sustainable development – economic, social and environmental. As PDS helps governments and the international community to harness the development potential of migration for both migrants and societies.
The objective of PDS migration and development program is to contribute to a better understanding of the links between international migration and development in order to harness the development potential of migration for the benefit of both societies and migrants and to contribute to sustainable development and poverty reduction.
PDS also addresses the root causes of migration by providing interventions in areas vulnerable to high rates of economically motivated migration. And create employment through income-generating activities and to harness the resources for socio-economic development. Also PDS has interventions in the promotion of Social inclusion between migrants and hosting communities.
PDS is in line with The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development , provides for a strong link between decent work and migration in Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) on promoting sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
In order to carry out the vision, we implement our programs in the form of research and capacity building for NGOs working with migrants. Providing training, job matching, and entrepreneurship and leading behavioral change campaigns for blue collar work.